Luxury Holiday Homes for Your Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
New! Due to Covid 19 cancellations we have a number of 2020 spaces now available. We are Full for August and almost full for September.
ALL of our outdoor accommodation is Rabbit Welfare approved and exceeds the housing size recommendations. We have the largest most luxury rabbit boarding accomodations in Scotland. There are NO HUTCHES OR CAGES and they have 24/7 permenant run about access.
All accommodations are insulated, fully covered and completely enclosed. All runs and play areas are floored for infection control and security purposes and covered for protection against the weather meaning your rabbits are always safe. We do not use wood shavings or allow rabbits to come into contact or meet other rabbits during their stay for infection control and referred aggression purposes.
Our standards are very high and we cater to the rabbit savvy client who wants their rabbit cared for the way they should be, not sub par simply as it is short term. If anything, we aim to give rabbits even more luxury than they would have at home.
1 & 2 &3 : Peter Rabbit Residence & Benjamin Bunny Burrow & Kale Cottage- 'Half In Half Out' accommodations (Perfect for INDOOR bunnies almost all year other than extreme Winter and OUTDOOR bunnies ALL YEAR) Offers a cosy house plus outdoor play access. 4ft Wendy houses with 16ft run around tunnels leading to large 8x6ft runs.
4. Binky Barn - 'Half In Half Out' accommodation 8x4ft Log cabin kennel divided into a cosy indoor section and meshed window play run area
5. Moon Lodge - Fully Indoor Style accommodation (Perfect for INDOOR bunnies ALL YEAR) 6x6ft Heated 22mm Log Cabin - insulated, floored and filled with castles 6. Heart Lodge - Fully Indoor Style accommodation (Perfect for INDOOR bunnies ALL YEAR) 6x6ft Heated 22mm Log Cabin - insulated, floored and filled with castles
7. Bunderland Manor - Fully Indoor Style accommodation (Perfect for INDOOR bunnies ALL YEAR) 8x8ft Summer House with second level 8x2ft & balcony - Heated, insulated and temperature & humidity controlled. Also has radio and light adjusting night lights. Lots of castles and lots of fun. Our most luxurious bunny accommodation!!
What We Include
* 8 types of top quality feeding hays and grasses including the famous Scottish Timothy hay, sweet green orchard hay and oat hay * Fresh and dried picked home grown forage and home grown herbs all straight from our garden. As natural and wild as possible! Also lots of tasty safe branches to gnaw chopped straight from our trees. * Grass trays * Toys (wooden, tunnels, balls, seagrass, boredom breakers, puzzles) * Treats (100% natural) * Litter tray & litter (we stock a variety of litter for whatever they are used to): Back2nature, wood pellet litter, Fitch/carefresh and Biocatelet * Bowls and water dispensers * VetBed rugs and blankets * Cleaning every day using vet grade disinfectant * Snugglesafe heat pad or cool pod depending on weather conditions * Updates including great quality photos and videos * Spa bunny treatments - nails, bum clips and full health checks
All set ups are regularly cleaned (daily spot cleaned and deep cleaned every three days) and thoroughly disinfected and sanitised between stays. This includes all bowls, toys, etc. Runs and tunnels are all pressure washed using Anigene.
PLEASE READ OUR BOARDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
*During peak holiday times we will not take bookings less than 1 week*
All accomodations - Per DAY: £10 for 1-3 rabbits £12.50 for groups of 4-6 For larger groups please contact us for pricing
BUNDERLAND MANOR: 15.00 PER DAY for 1-4 rabbits For larger groups please contact us for pricing
Check in/outs are limited to 30 minute appoinments unless otherwise arranged. Unfortunately we cannot do appointments outwith these times. Bare this in mind when booking boarding dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I go about booking? A: Email us at email@example.com with your holiday dates and we will confirm our availability, take a deposit and secure your booking.
Q: What do I need to bring? A: An appropriate carrier and vaccine certificates for proof of having up to date vaccinations for both Myxomatosis, VHD1 & VHD2. Your carrier must be labelled with both rabbit and owners name.
Q: Do you cater to indoor bunnies? A: Yes, most of our clients are indoor bunnies. All our accommodations are adaptable, please see above for which set ups are suited for indoor buns at which time. We have 4 accommodations which are fully indoor and suited to bunnies who are used to their home luxuries all year round.
Q: What if my bunny has never been outside before? A: Studies have been done that show that all rabbits need safe outdoor time if possible for their health and wellbeing, it is essential for them to get sunlight for Vitamin D and their calcium absorption. Therefore, we encourage all owners to consider taking advantage of boarding their indoor bunnies in a set up which allows outdoor access as all our set ups are fully secure and safe and some indoor bunny owners are unable to offer this at home. It will do your rabbits the world of good to have some time enjoying the fresh air and being a bunny. Rabbits natural instincts kick in and they display natural behaviours which we encourage. We make sure that your rabbits are comfy, cosy and happy at all times and we guarantee your bunnies will have a blast!
Q: Can you board my disabled/special needs bunny? A: Yes, absolutely! We cater to all types of bunnies are all fully qualified and equipped to deal with rabbits with special needs. We have lots of experience with disabled rabbits and can do any medicating / syringe feeding needed, we also have an onsite nebuliser and special litter trays for disabled bunnies.
Q: Do you cater for giant bunnies or large bonded groups? A: Yes we do indeed. All of our accommodations are very large and suitable to house giant rabbits and large bonded groups and we often have some staying (we also have our own large sanctuary resident group which includes a giant bun!)
Q: Will my bunnies be left for a long period of time? A: No, there is always someone here looking after the bunnies. We do not leave the bunnies for any length of time there is always someone to care for them as we have rescue special need bunnies that require 24/7 care. We also have cameras covering everywhere to watch over the bunnies, even during the night!
Q: Is there security in place? A: Yes, although we have someone here and things monitored 24/7 there is CCTV in place, 6ft security fencing securing the whole gardens and padlocks on every accommodation. We are lucky to be situated in a small, quiet, rural village and be part of neighbourhood watch but we can never be too careful in todays world. Every accommodation is fully secure and predator proof.
1. All rabbits must be fully vaccinated against myxi, VHD & VHD2 and have up to date certificate of proof. 2. Any rabbit showing signs of illness or injury may be denied boarding for health and safety reasons. No rabbits will be allowed to have contact with other residents therefore no responsibility can be taken for any illness. 3. Arrangement will be made for arrival and collection time and date. If you fail to collect your pet on the agreed date and we have no contact from you after one week we have the right to rehome them. We will have tried our best to contact you beforehand. If collected late, fees will incur as per the daily price rate. 4. All pets will be treated with the best care and attention, we are not held responsible for escape, illness or death. 5. No pets will be allowed to be removed from the sanctuary until all payment has been received and a suitable carrier is available to take them home in. 6. If your pet requires any medical attention we have permission to take them to our local vet and all bills will be covered by the owner with proof of receipt. This includes euthanasia. 7. Full amount will be paid on arrival and any outstanding balance paid on collection. 8. You will tell us of any special requirements you have for your pet and we agree to meet all of them.